Saturday, September 17, 2005

I can only imagine what Lloyd Carr said to them. . .

No. 14 Michigan Rolls by E. Michigan 55-0

The win was all but expected, but even Michigan wins over MAC teams are not usually this one-sided.

I can only imagine what Lloyd Carr said to the Wolverines after last week's sorry showing against Notre Dame. He's usually a very mild-mannered guy with an "aw shucks" demeanor, but when he gets angry -- truly angry -- that energy ripples throughout Ann Arbor for the next week or so.

That's commanded respect. And that's why he coaches one of the best programs in college football.

2 Comments:

Anonymous KS said...

Hey, I was excited just to see my alma mater play against Michigan. I also secretly harbored the hope that Eastern would somehow pull off a miracle and beat them.

Ron Johnson is an EMU alumni and he went on to play for the Lions. Okay, maybe not the best analogy, but he's the only one I can remember right now!

Go EMU!!! (Class of '72 and '74)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

I think Michigan hosted Eastern about three years ago as well. They have been hosting MAC teams for a number of years now. My brother went to Western, but, sports guru that he is, knows his odds and won't even entertain the in-house rivalry. Oh well...

Charlie Batch went to EMU as I recall also before joining the Lions. I used to yell at him every Sunday. Well, Charlie Batch and every other Lions quarterback in my lifetime, that is.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home