Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Confessions of an editorial bastard

   For someone who took particular pride in lording over his 2L law journal staff last year, pushing them (occasionally) to the breaking point to get a better product, this website that I just found is a little bit of a happy place.

   (So, I had a little bit of a reputation. I didn't mind, and my editor-in-chief and managing editor rather appreciated it.)

   [/horn-blowing]

   To use an old adage, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. However, somewhere between the "final" product some academics submit for publication and the application of some of these easily internalizable rules, you can come awfully close.

   And along the way, you incidentally create more critical writers and editors. Two of my former staff members now hold positions on the five-member executive board; one is the editor-in-chief.

   [/crowing. I mean it this time.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home