Monday, October 31, 2005

An Apology (in advance)

   There is a small to fair chance that I might say or write things in the coming days that are less than civil. If that is the case, I apologize in advance.

   There is a much greater chance I will not be quite myself for what I hope is only a few days.

   Last night, there was something of a family crisis and, while it has abated, it isn't yet over. My father, who is not yet quite fifty years old, had an incident last night that leads me to surmise that he had a heart attack. I don't know for certain since we had to beg him to go to the emergency room and he declined the doctor's request to stay overnight for observation. Tests are scheduled, but the next week or so is likely to be very stressful, especially since the rest of my family is 700 miles away. I don't know how I would be holding up without the support of The Lady Exile.

   Whatever your spiritual inclination might be, thoughts, prayers, vibes, and all similar emanations are greatly appreciated.

   In the meantime, I don't anticipate any real disruption to the daily routine around here. All the same, posting could be spotty for any number of reasons in the coming days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Fathers can be so stubborn. You'll be in our prayers.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Midwestern Progressive said...

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Warm regards.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

My prayers have already been delivered. Your dad is in good hands now, and so are you - I said a prayer for you too.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

Friends,

I am heartened by and grateful for your expressions of solidarity. I hope to have good news to report in the coming days.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

Family crises are tough stuff, especially when you're trying to manage things from many miles away. I'll think good thoughts for you - and please remember to take care of yourself while you're trying to deal with stubborn parents, too!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous The Impolitic said...

Yikes. I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts and hopes are with you and your family. Wishing for the best.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

Thank you for your kind words of support. They are greatly appreciated.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home