Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Holiday Shopping

   (Apologies in advance to my more liberal friends.)

   I was going to take this evening off from posting, but I found something that struck me in just the right way: From the Six Meat Buffet's Last Minute Gift Ideas for Liberals, Stratego for Democrats.

   Now, this satire would not even be half as funny to me if The Lady Exile, my much more progressive better half (see also "The Vote Canceller"), had not won every God-forsaken game of Stratego we had ever played.

   Every game.

   Ever!

   That is, while I dominate our chessboard, when it comes to Stratego even St. Jude shrugs his shoulders and says, "Hey, there things even I can't pull off."

   It's so bad that I eventually reached the point of declaring her "Champion for Life", never to return to the cardboard battlefield; the cause really was that hopeless.

   It's almost a shame I can't really get my hands on a copy of Stratego for Democrats. It would be a great gift this year.

   Maybe I could actually win. (I can't believe I just said that.) Nah.... Probably not.

[via The Llama Butchers]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may well be a Stratego savant.

And Chess is boring anyway.

It helps that either my dad or my little brother was my Stratego opponent every time we played when we were little, at the lake, when there was nothing else to do but play pinball at the resort's arcade and play Stratego at our parents' cottages.

I always beat them too, by the way. Even when I was six years old.

--Lady E

12:37 AM  
Blogger Cardinal Martini said...

On election day do you ever get the urge to, for example, pop the tires on your wife's car? I know I'd consider it. Maybe.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm happy to hear Lady E is more progressive than you, and did you note you called her your better half? That's because progressive is better!!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home