Saturday, January 07, 2006

Thanks to all who posted kind wishes in response to my engagement announcement! The Lady Exile and I greatly appeciate each of them.

Beyond that, though, I have not had much to say over the last few days. I could say I have been busy, but that would only be half-true. Over the last few days, my interests have been "not blogging". I don't intend to shut down The Exile, because I know that I would be back at it within a week or two, but I have been taking time to pursue other interests and they, of necessity, are not as easily shared, at least not here. The Project has been coming along over the last few days, and I expect to be devoting more time to it in the coming days and weeks.

For all I know, I may be back here blogging up a storm later today or tomorrow. I know I still owe the Midamerica Progressive some thoughts on Johnny Damon's acquisition by the Evil Empire. I'll have those soon.

But then, the Alito hearings start this week. I could post some general thoughts on the People for the American Way's "report" on him. (The short version: even by my low standards for that organization, I'm underwhelmed.)

And I suppose part of it is just getting back in the habit of returning here on a regular basis.

More: I know I've been MIA for a few days, but does anyone know what happened to News from Davison? As of this writing, it appears to be down.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I've wondered about News From Davison too. Kevin posted a comment at the DetNews over the weekend, but I haven't heard anything else. Whatever the problem, I hope he's back to blogging soon.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Libby said...

I was wondering the same. I thought it was just my computer. He's been down for a couple of days.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

Kevin posted a comment at the DetNews over the weekend, but I haven't heard anything else.

I saw it, but is it me, or did it not quite sound like his style and diction? I may well be wrong, but I usually have a pretty good eye for these sorts of things.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Bostonian, I noticed the same thing, but I chalked it up to Kevin being rushed or tired.

I checked this morning and his blog is still down. Curious.

Where in the world is News From Davison?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm still around, I've just retired "News From Davison". I won't have as much time as before to devote to it. I'm sorry I didn't give any warning.

BTW, the post at DetNews was mine. If it didn't sound like me it was because I didn't follow my own rule of not sending a first draft when I'm angry.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm sorry to hear you retired, Kevin. Can we tempt you to keep the site going and just post on an occasional basis, as the mood strikes?

I know it takes a lot of effort, but your insight and opinions are sorely needed, especially with the midterm elections coming up.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home