Friday, March 10, 2006

(Bar) Membership Has Its Priviliges

I finally received my bar card in the mail today. Now, I can just breeze past security whenever I go to court. Since the bar of Massachusetts has already investigated my entire life history, I guess there isn't really any need for the court police to look in my briefcase.

Also, for the first time in my career, I was approached by a former co-worker who was admitted to the bar on the same day as I to start our own firm. Though he is one of the few people I know who I would consider partnering with at this early stage of my career, the timing is almost certainly wrong. I was quite flattered just to be asked. I told him I would think about it -- and I will -- but I don't think it's a wise move at this time. In any event, I will leave the door open for something down the road.

All in all, a fairly eventful day off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cardinal Martini said...

If you started your own firm you get get an office with a frosted glass door and put your name on it. That'd be awesome.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Libby said...

Wise choice, despite having to forego the cool frosted glass door. Take some time to build up a client portfolio on somebody else's dime first.

But how cool is it to sashay into the courthouse without having to wait in the metal detector line? Congrats on getting your ticket.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home