Thursday, March 02, 2006

Coming Home...

Posted to the top of the page until the end of today. See below for more new content as it becomes available.

It is not without some trepidation that I write this entry.

I have been away for the better part of two months. I have had my reasons, which will become clear shortly. The time has flown and, dear readers (if you're still there), I have missed you all.

I set blogging aside for a while for mental health reasons. I'm being somewhat facetious, of course. Nevertheless, I found increasingly that the blogosphere as a whole tended to drive me to anger. In the last year, the medium has grown shriller by leaps and bounds. More noise, less thought. I had to disengage - even from the blogs I enjoy - in order to refocus and find some inner tranquility.

It helped immensely. I found other interests and hobbies. I started reading as I did before law school. (There is - and ever will be - something profoundly satisfying about the tactile experience of holding a book that electronic media will never adequately replace.) Also, I found that my blood pressure dropped significantly. (For a Type A person like me, you take lifestyle improvements like these where you can.)

Additionally, I had more time to devote to finding a permanent job while taking on some contract work. If you're someone who follows financial news, there is an excellent chance you have heard of the case I am working on. I am acting as local counsel and otherwise playing an exceptionally small role in the litigation. That's all I can really say about that.

I stayed away, fully acknowledging that I might choose never to return. Stepping away from the blog had been exceptionally liberating. Something would really have to push me in order to get me to return.

Something did. The hiatus ends today.

2 Comments:

Blogger scott said...

Welcome back. You were missed.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Cardinal Martini said...

I've been waiting =)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home