Monday, March 27, 2006

Today's sign of the Apocalypse

A statute of a "nude Britney Spears giving birth."


The clay sculpture features a nude Britney Spears on a bearskin rug while giving birth to her firstborn because, according to Edwards, pop-star Britney Spears is the "ideal model for Pro-Life."

This is particularly ironic since Britney could just as easily be an ideal model for, as the Lady Exile might say, an extremely late-term abortion (say, twenty years or so post partum should do the trick). 

[via: The Llama Butchers]


More:  phin's blog has similar thoughts, and a link to the sculpture.


Tags: , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Midwestern Progressive said...

I'm no expert, mind you, but who in the whorld gives birth that way, in that position?

I've never even imagined a human delivering a baby that way.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

I'm no expert, mind you, but who in the whorld gives birth that way, in that position?

Heh... You're asking me? I suppose you could consult sources of lesser credibility on this topic, but they are few and far between.

2:29 PM  
Blogger His Honor the Mayor said...

My third child was delivered with the help of a mid-wife, rather than a obstetrician. She believed that the traditional position doctors force women into to deliver in hospitals is unnatural. I will say that I got the impression that after about 12 hours or so of labor, it helps just to change positions once in a while. Being on a bear rug would feel a heck of lot better than a hospital bed feet in the air (I would imagine). Remember, most women throughout history give birth in a squatting position. The hospital position has more to do with reducing hospital liability than the comfort of the mother.
As far as how a naked picture of Britney is supposed to be a statement for the anti-choice movement, I am at a loss.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home