Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's About Damn Time: McClellan Resigns

WaPo reports that Scott McClellan has resigned.


With his frequent deer-in-the-headlights facial expression, he was the P.R. point man for an administration that has been an abysmal failure at forcefully and coherently articulating policies over the last three years. 


I have never been a fan of Scott McClellan, and have hoped for a new press secretary for some time, say, one who doesn't just sit there and take it from the press corps every day: one speaking on the offensive, not the defensive. 


I can only hope his replacement will be an improvement.


MORE:  His Honor the MayorHe reminded me of some lost kid on a high school forensics team who has just been given the assignment to write an impromptu speech in favor of serving bald eagle meat in school lunches.


A brilliant mental image provided by someone who I trust once experienced such a thing.


Tags: , , , ,


2 Comments:

Anonymous AW Cunningham 3 said...

McClellan has been absolutely atrocious. I have yet to understand why he never fought back, was not more aggressive. There are bullies in the press corp, and they act that way because they can get away with it.

1:16 PM  
Blogger His Honor the Mayor said...

A brilliant mental image provided by someone who I trust once experienced such a thing.

HA! Thanks. Actually, I was never confronted with the always controvertial bald eagle as food question. When faced with confounding cross-examination, I sometimes resorted to what some might call "extreme spin", bordering on making stuff up on the spot. Of course, that was before I learned more from the pros like Scotty.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home