Friday, April 21, 2006

Programming Note

Look for posts throughout the workday.


First, there should be a piece on this story.  The Ninth Circuit decided yesterday that a high school student essentially did not have a First Amendment right to wear a t-shirt that read "HOMOSEXUALITY IS SHAMEFUL" at school.  Looks like a classic Reinhardt / Kozinski battle of the opinions.


Second, Ted Kennedy was on "The Daily Show" last night.  I didn't quite have a stroke while watching it, but things were dicey for a while.


Third, I started a long-ish post yesterday on the Duke rape case.  I might finish today, unless I run out of time or something huge breaks in the case that renders the whole thing moot.


Stay tuned.


UPDATE (2:00 p.m.): Speaking of apoplexy, I am working my way through Judge Reinhardt's majority opinion in the speech case above.  I usually strenuously disagree with his reasoning, and this opinion is developing no differently.


Tags: , , , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Second, Ted Kennedy was on "The Daily Show" last night. I didn't quite have a stroke watching it, but things were dicey for a while.

Ha-ha. You should try having a glass of wine while channel surfing. I started my nightly ritual when I accidentally channel surfed over to PBS one night and found Tucker Carlson hosting his own show!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

You should try having a glass of wine while channel surfing.

It's funny you should say that. I was on my second glass of burgundy by the time the show started.

I suppose I know now how I survived.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Libby said...

I just clued into this case last night. Horrifying decision. I find it hard to believe it came out of the Ninth Circuit. I usually count on them to come out on behalf of the Bill of Rights.

I haven't read the decision but Volokh's post had me spewing.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home