Saturday, May 06, 2006

Busy

Holy Mother of God.  Week one of work.


Suddenly, I'm the proud owner of about a dozen casefiles.  Thankfully, only half of them have court dates scheduled for the next month.  This means I will actually have some days in the office to get some real work done.


Amazingly, in the span of a week, going to court has gone from a novel and flawless experience to a significant chunk out of an otherwise busy day.


But then, I can see how having half of a day out of the office every now and then can be good, too.


Now, it's the weekend and, really, the last thing I want to do at home in my free time is to look at a computer screen.  Off to read this.  And, if I get tired of that, perhaps this new arrival instead.


Back when I can come up for air.


Tags: , ,


4 Comments:

Anonymous Libby said...

Yikes. Hardly restful reading. Maybe you should try one of his books. I highly recommend Mad Laughter.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new gig.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Bostonian Exile said...

Heh... I know: it is kind of sick that I consider these "brain candy," but it is for me.

Doris Kearns Goodwin is a little lighter than most of the history I read (but then, I was a history major, and a geek at that), and I also picked up a fascination with Tibetan Buddhism when I was in college. I'm certainly not a Buddhist myself, but studying it (even the little that I have) acquainted me with the first belief system that compelled me to re-examine everything I had previously thought about the worldview I had constructed.

I'll have to look into the ones you recommended, though.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Cardinal Martini said...

Oh sure, first you abandon us for work and then you abandon us for books. Jeez!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Midwestern Progressive said...

I'm still hopin' that you take my advice for light reading.

I swear, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home