Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Trip Down Memory Lane: Stage 1

The Lady Exile and I are going home to Detroit in a couple of weeks for some wedding planning obligations over Memorial Day weekend. It's another one of those life-changing points that have been filling my life of late. Thankfully, all of these changes have been much for the better.


As chance would have it, I am starting to get addicted to YouTube, especially since I started noticing the incredible amount of content on there that takes me back to my childhood.


So, over the next couple of weeks, I will have some links up to videos that make me think of life before Boston.



This was a commercial for the Detroit Zoo that aired during the early- and mid-1980s. When I rediscovered it the other night, neither of us had seen this ad in the better part of twenty years.

And yet!

We still knew the commercial almost by heart.

Funny how that works....

4 Comments:

Blogger His Honor the Mayor said...

Oh my...

Scanning down the page, looking at the flamingo on the YouTube screen I knew exactly which commercial this was, even before I read what you wrote below it.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Libby said...

Priceless. I'm loving the YouTube thing myself but I still haven't really figured out how to navigate it. I usually find myself mesmerized for an hour on the incoming dross. It's astonishing what passes through there. What happens to all the junk ones I wonder? The sheer volume is crushing.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I loved it, especially the brown bear who said, "You just have to stay cool." (I lived in Pennsylvania back then and didn't see that particular one.)

Enjoy your trip back home and all the wedding planning. I hope things go smoothly for you both.

Has the flooding affected you or Lady Exile? Stay safe.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the commercial! I grew up in the metro detroit area but live in New York now.... It took me a while to figure out nobody knew what the heck I was referring to when I said "My lines my lines, I can't remember my lines, oh-ho!"
Now I can forward the clip to all of my friends. Yay!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home